Associate Director, Marketing
Position Title: Associate Director, Marketing
Reports To: Vice President, Marketing
Department: Business Development
Location: Austin, TX
Founded in 2008, Serent Capital ( www.serentcapital.com ) is a leading lower-middle market private equity firm focused on investing in founder led, vertically focused B2B technology and tech-enabled services companies with nearly $5 billion of assets under management. We strive to be an involved, value-added investor, capable of providing significant operational and strategic support to our portfolio company CEOs on the most critical issues that they face as the company’s scale.
Our mission is to deliver extraordinary returns by partnering with outstanding executive teams to grow exceptional businesses. Our team is comprised of investment and operating professionals that have experience as executives, strategic advisors, and investors in growing businesses.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Associate Director of Marketing will be responsible for support the marketing and business development strategy by planning, executing, tracking, and reporting on cross-functional marketing campaigns and projects. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and intellectually curious, with a demonstrated ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with the development and execution of the marketing budget and plan with VP of Marketing
• Develop and deploy ABM campaigns, including crafting strategy, aligning internal teams, and project management
• Design & execute 1:1, 1: few, and broad-based marketing initiatives to meet pipeline requirements of varied account markets/segments
• Design, execute, and optimize a data-driven ABM strategy to achieve business development goals
• Own and maintain the marketing automation platform (i.e., Pardot) by developing, testing, and launching automated campaigns and following marketing automation best practices
• Develop and document processes and best practices for marketing, business development, and investment teams
• Create, own, and maintain annual and quarterly marketing plans and targets for specific accounts in partnership with the business development and investing teams
• Own and maintain core marketing materials including pitch decks, the Firm’s website, and one-pagers
• Create, own, and maintain an annual content calendar, updating stakeholder on key launch dates and ensuring they have all the assets and information needed to leverage the content for prospect outreach
• Develop and implement an event management process for in-person and virtual event in partnership with the business development team
• Manage internal teams and agencies/vendors in the development of all marketing deliverables through a thorough planning, budgeting, and RFP process, including blog posts, white papers, and email campaigns
• Liaison with the Compliance team to ensure materials are compliant and document and log content approvals
• Assist with other marketing and business development-related initiatives as needed.
• Minimum of three (3) years of related marketing experience working with ABM enterprise or B2B sales teams (banking or finance industries, a plus)
• Strong project management, experience collaborating across multiple functions to execute projects, and organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail and discipline to follow established policies and processes
• Ability to prioritize both projects and stakeholders and creating processes to streamline projects
• Experience creating and executing integrated marketing campaigns using tactics that include live events, webinars, and social networking (LinkedIn)
• Demonstrated experience with defining, tracking, and reporting to an executive audience (i.e. A/B testing, targeting, and segmentation, analytics, and KPIs)
• Experience working within marketing automation software to build, launch, and report on complex targeted marketing campaigns
• Track record of developing and managing multiple marketing programs simultaneously.
• Experience in Salesforce, WordPress, and Pardot is a plus
• Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
BA/BS degree in relevant field
30% or less domestic travel for internal firm meetings and portfolio events.